When selecting a cannabis-infused product from the shelves of a medical marijuana dispensary or state-legal retail outlet, it’s easy to be overwhelmed by the sheer variety of what’s available. But don’t allow yourself to be swayed by clever marketing or a sales pitch at check-out. Do your homework instead, and you’ll have a much better experience—one that gets you nicely high, while leaving a good taste in your mouth. [Read more…]
The only place to safely buy marijuana or cannabis in the city is via one of the many Amsterdam coffeeshops. You will find about 200 coffeeshops in Amsterdam, so there is always one close to you.
Although coffeeshops are not allowed to advertise, you will be able to identify them easily. Official Dutch coffeeshops have a green and white licence sticker in the window. In order to enter a coffeeshop, you must be 18 or over and have an ID. Coffeeshops are not allowed to sell alcohol. [Read more…]
What would Prop 64 do?
- Prop 64 would legalize marijuana and hemp in California. Pot is already legal for medical use. This would go further and legalize it for recreational use.
- Adults 21 or older could have up to an ounce of pot and grow up to six plants.
- You could not consume marijuana in public or drive high.
- You could not give any to minors.
- There would be a 15% sales tax imposed.
- Commercial growers would have to be licensed. They will be taxes at $9.75 per ounce of flowers and $2.75 per ounce of leaves. (Medical marijuana is excluded.)
- Packaging, labeling, advertising and marketing of cannabis would be regulated. But advertising to children is prohibited.
- To prevent corporations from getting a monopoly, big companies would have to wait five years to get a license. (Big tobacco has been considering getting into the pot business for years.)
- It would also allow certain people convicted of marijuana violations to be re-sentenced and/or get their records cleared.
- Pot shops could not be located within 600 feet of school or where children gather.
- Create environmental regulations for the efficient use of water and safe use of pesticides.
- Hemp could be grown as an agricultural product and academic research.